We offer you a number of additional Value-Added Products that will enhance your existing policies or can be taken out as a stand-alone product. These will take care of you and your family when the unexpected happens and is part of our mission to give you peace of mind, knowing that we’re always here for you. Our product ranges from family funeral benefits to legal assistance when unlawful arrests have been made. This comprehensive plan has been tailor-made with our clients’ needs in mind.
Below is a breakdown of Metrofin Assist Value-Added Products as well as the cost structure.
Metrofin Assist Contact Number : 0861 000 120
Looking after family, the cost of a funeral should be the last thing on your loved ones minds in the unfortunate event of your death.
- Selected benefit to a nominated Beneficiary for the Principal member, Spouse and up to 4 children with tiered benefits,
- Immediate cover in place,
- Age acceptance between 18 and 65 years old,
- No underwriting requirements,
- Cover within RSA only,
- Standard exclusions (war, riot and strike, biological and chemical events, suicide),
- Underwritten through Guardrisk Life (FSP nr 76).
Emergency Medical Transportation
ER24’s Contact Centre will immediately dispatch an appropriate road or air ambulance which is staffed by our appropriately qualified emergency medical care practitioners. Once at the scene of the incident, lifesaving support will be provided to the patient and where relevant, the patient will be stabilised before transfer is provided to the closest most appropriate medical facility/as per client customised requirements.
Our team of medical professionals will prioritise a transfer based on medical conditions, the degree of urgency, the patient’s state and fitness to travel. Other considerations include but are not limited to airport availability, weather conditions and distance to be covered as assessed by the Contact Centre doctor. Our Contact Centre and operational team will determine whether transport will be provided by medically equipped helicopter, regular scheduled flight or road.
C5 HIV Prevention
Should a member be exposed to HIV through accident or trauma, they will be able to call the Contact Centre, where medically trained staff will provide telephonic counselling while arrangements are made to ensure post exposure prophylactic treatment begins within the Critical 5 hours.
- 24 hour-a-day, 365 days-a-year access to the Contact Centre, providing telephonic counselling and advice on HIV/AIDS.
- Emergency transport to an appropriate medical facility following exposure to HIV.
- 28 day post exposure prophylaxis (antiretroviral therapy).
- The morning-after pill for women who have been exposed through rape.
- Sexually transmitted disease (STD) preventative medication if required.
- Access to a medical practitioner who will take blood for HIV testing immediately following exposure, as well as follow-up testing 90 days later.
- Access to an HIV management programme (excluding the cost of treatment) if you have complied with the post exposure treatment and still become HIV positive after the incident.
HIV disease management and treatment benefit
In the event that the member is HIV POSITIVE, he or she will receive the following while having a loan agreement in place with the lender.
- Ongoing antiretroviral therapy at the nearest appropriate medical facility
- Clinical management and follow-up, including advice on correct drug regimens based on your specific pathology results
- Guidance on dietary requirements
- Guidance on drug compliance & patient follow up
- Three doctors consultations
- Three blood tests per annum
24 hour-a-day, 365 days-a-year access to the confidential call centre, providing telephonic counseling and advice on HIV/AIDS
Medical casualty benefit In the event of a Motor vehicle accident (i.e. accident occurring when travelling in a motor car, commuter taxi, bus or as a pedestrian on any South African roads) resulting in an injury, all medical expenses in a Doctor’s surgery and/or hospital casualty unit will be covered, up to a R10 000 limit per incident. This is not a medical aid or cash payment to the member, but a guarantee of payment to the supplier/service provider. Subject to: · The full submission of relevant requested documentation, · A service provider not being paid twice (from alternate sources) for the same event, · In the event that the relevant medical expenses are covered through the member’s medical aid, this benefit will only pay any shortfall so that a recovery through the Road Accident Fund can be instituted.
Repatriation of Mortal Remains
Should the passing of a loved one occur away from home, ER24 will make all the arrangements for the repatriation of the body where it is more than 100km from their place of residence, within South
Africa and neighbouring countries e.g. Lesotho, Namibia, Mozambique etc. including International repatriations.
Thus all the arrangements to transport the mortal remains is handled on behalf of the family, taking into consideration family requests and in particular special care with regard to particular customs and beliefs.
Executor Management Services
Our knowledgeable Legal team at Executor Manager will provide guidance and support on the process of winding up an estate following a death in the family.
Features of Executor Manager:
- Application to the Master High Court for appoint of Executorship
- Obtaining the will and checking its validity & establish beneficiaries
- Understanding of the assets and liabilities of the estate
- Obtain bank account records, title deeds, insurance policy documents
- Pulling of credit reports and notifying all creditors.
- Activation of Credit life policies
- Closing of the deceased bank accounts and opening of “Estate Late” account
- Obtaining of release from SARS
- Distribution of the funds
Legal Manager Telephonic Advice
The 24 hour Financial Services Helpline, staffed by legal professionals, will assist, inform and educate its members of their legal rights. The service provides assistance to members who have already experienced
legal action taken against them.
Our members will be advised on the following:
- legal advice regarding any possible solutions, such as opposing civil action in court if the client has a defense against the case, possible applications for rescission of judgement
- legal advice regarding options available for members with financial problems, such as sequestration and administration
- legal assistance in completing prescribed forms for use in court, for example notice of intention to defend a pending matter
Claim Expert assists its members with all administration required (including telephonic assistance, initial assessment, legal reports and case management) for the presentation of a “bona fide” claim as determined
and arranged by Claims Expert from the following organization/institutions in South Africa:
- Road Accident Fund
- Workman Compensation
- Unemployment Insurance Fund (UIF)
- Administrators for unclaimed Pension, Shares, Insurance Policies and Bank accounts
- Airlines and Airport Authorities
- Product Manufacturers
- Municipalities and Provinces